Thursday, February 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Camping achievement patch


I went for a hike through the state park the other day and was fondly reminded of the winter months I spent camping there.  A couple years ago I challenged myself to camp out every month of the year.  I started in May of 2009 and went through April of 2010.  To be honest, the winter months were much easier for me than a couple of the summer months.  As long as I was able to stay dry, I was able to stay warm.  In the heat of the summer, there's not a lot one can do to get relief out in the woods.  And if there are bugs swarming too....that's just miserable.

After I accomplished my camping goal, I wanted something to commemorate it. Sort of like when I was in girl scouts and would have gotten a badge.  I thought it would be neat to make a quilt with achievement patches both to motivate me to continue trying new things and to tell a story down the road.  So far this is the only one I've done.  It looks like it'll be a long time before I earn a quilting patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment